To print from an iOS device (iPad, iPhone etc), you need access to an AirPrint enabled printer. The list of the printers enabled with AirPrint can be found below:
If your printer is not on this list, don’t worry. There is an alternate process you can go through to enable your device to print. This requires you to do the following:
1) Download Printer Pro Lite onto your iPad to test the program works with your printer. This can be found here: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/printer-pro-lite/id399679167?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4 This app is free.
2) Open the program.
3) Press “Add Printer”.
4) Add your printer.
5) Print a test page.
If this works, then this App will work with your Workshop Software. If not, then it is not compatible with your printer.
6) If it does work, then you will need to purchase the full version of the software. Download Printer Pro 5 from the Apple Store onto your iPad/IPhone. This will come at a cost of $10.99 (at the time of writing this article). This is a one off fee. Printer Pro Lite has a button you can click on to upgrade.
7) Once this is open, it will ask you if you want to transfer the settings from Printer Pro Lite. Click yes, and this will set up your printer for you.
The App is now set up.
1) Open up the PDF from Workshop Software (invoice, report etc).
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Open In”.
3) Select Printer Pro 5.
This will open the pdf in Printer Pro 5.
4) Press “Print”.
Please Note: Printer Pro 5 is a 3rd party piece of software that we at Workshop Software are in no way affiliated with. This has been tested by us and, as of the writing of this article, is compatible with our software. If this situation were to change in any way due to a change made by the developers of Printer Pro 5, we will not be able to provide support for this, as it is not our software. However, we would endeavour to find a viable alternative to ensure that you can continue to print from Workshop Software on your Apple device.