How to use product serial numbers feature
This feature is useful when you have products that include a warranty period, by turning this feature on the serial number will appear on the customer invoice for their reference.
The process for using serial numbers is as follows:
a) Turn on Serial Number Feature
b) Add existing serial numbers to product page
c) Add serial numbers when processing supplier invoice
d) Select serial numbers when processing customer invoice
Turn on Serial Number feature
1. Go to the product page and click on the “Requires Serial Number” toggle from no to yes.
Scroll down the page and click on the green “Save” button
Add existing serial numbers to product page
1. If you already have product in the shop and you want to add these serial numbers in for the product, after turning on the feature, scroll down on the product page and you will now see a light blue banner called “Serial Numbers”
2. Click on the green “+” icon located on the bottom left hand corner of the page
3. Enter in serial number in the “Serial Number” field and click the green “Save” button.
Status of the serial number that was just added will now show “Added Manually”.
4. To continue to add serial numbers, repeat steps 2 & 3.
Add serial numbers when processing supplier invoice
When you are processing supplier invoice that has a product that has the serial number feature turned on, in the invoice, you will now notice there is an icon that looks like a barcode. This is where you will enter in the serial numbers.
1. Once you have added in the product to the invoice and enter the qty, click on this icon to add the serial numbers for the new items received.
2. A pop up box will appear, here you will see the total number of serial numbers required and how many to enter.
To enter a serial number click on the green “+” icon on the bottom left hand corner.
3. Enter in the serial number into the “Serial Number” field and then click the green “Save” button.
Repeat steps 2 & 3 until all serial numbers have been entered.
4. Once all serial numbers have been entered, click on green “Return To Invoice” button on the bottom right hand corner.
5. Continue to add more products to the supplier invoice or finalise as per normal. If you now go back into the product page, you will now see the newly added products in the serial number shown as “Purchased”
Select serial numbers when processing customer invoice
1. When you have added a product to a customer invoice, to select which serial number that is being used on this job, click on the ‘Star’ icon for the product line.
2. A pop up box will appear, select “Use Serial Numbers”
3. A pop up box will appear with available serial number products, click on the one you want, and click the green “Attach” button.
If you have more than one qty of that product, you can select multiple by clicking on each serial number to select and then click “Attach” when finished
4. The box will flip and reconfirm the serial numbers selected. If you are happy to proceed, click on the blue “Done” button.
5. When you print the customer invoice the serial number(s) will be noted on the invoice.