A deposit can be added to an open invoice at any stage prior to it being finalised.
1. To add details of a deposit taken, click on the green ‘+’ icon located below Balance Due and selecting ‘Add Deposit’ from the drop down menu:
2. Enter the details of the deposit:
- Date received (the system will default to today’s date)
- Reference Number
- Payment Type
- Amount received
Once the details have been entered click on the green ‘Add’ button to add the details of the deposit to the invoice.
3. Click the green ‘Save’ button at the bottom of the page to save the deposit to the invoice. You are able to edit or delete the deposit by clicking on the red ‘Rubbish bin’ icon (delete) or blue ‘Pencil’ icon (edit) next to the deposit field.
4. Multiple deposits can be added to the once invoice:
5. Details of deposits will not show under customer payments and will not sync through to Xero or MYOB until the invoice has been finalised/processed. To keep track of deposits taken a report has been created that shows all open invoices with deposits against them and the details of the deposits. Please see the guide titled Customer Reports – Customer Open Deposits’ for information on how to run the report.