In order to resend a customer their login for the app, follow the below steps:
1. Go to Actions – Communication Centre in Workshop Software:
2. Select “Communicate with Customers” as the Communication Type
3. Select ‘SMS All‘ as the Contact Type
4. Press “Search“. This will bring up a list of customers with mobile numbers.
5. Sending out your SMS Message:
At this stage, you can type whatever you like into the SMS Message field to message the customer. The key is to ensure you have, at the very least, the following placeholders somewhere within the message:
- %vvguser% : This is the username for the customer. You can also find this username in the vvGarage portal. This will be either the customer’s email address, or will be a word made up of the customer’s first and last names.
- %vvgpword%: This is the password for the customer. The password will be usually 8 characters long.
- %vvgapplink%: This is the link to download the app.
Please note: If the message is longer than 160 characters (including the characters used by the link, the username and the password) this will incur another sms charge as the system has to send 2 SMS messages.
6. Once your message is ready hit send. In future you can add this message as a template to make it easier to find:
7. The customer will then get a text with their details which they will use to log into the app: