A booking can be created without assigning it to a mechanic and a mechanic can then be assigned or added at a later date.
Adding a mechanic at the time of creating a booking
For information on how to create a booking: https://workshopsoftware.com/knowledge-base/booking-diary/how-to-create-a-booking-in-workshop-software/
1. Once the labour line and any other products have been added to the booking, Click ‘Save‘, located on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
2. Click on the cog icon on the labour line in the booking:
3. A pop up window called Update Event Time will appear, in the Mechanic field, search for the mechanic you want to allocate to this job. Click on the search result of mechanics you want to allocate this job to.
4. If you know what time you want to mechanic to start the job, you can allocate the start time here as well:
5. Once all details are entered. Click ‘Save‘
6. Now if you view the booking diary for the date you have selected. You will see that the mechanic now has the job in the calendar.
How to add a mechanic after a booking has been made
There are a couple of ways to add a mechanic:
1. Go to your booking diary, any unassigned bookings will appear on the left hand side with the heading ‘Unassigned‘
You can simply click on this unassigned job and drag it to which ever mechanic you want to assign it to as well as what time the job will start.
2. You can also double click on the unassigned job and this will open up the booking, and the Update Event Time pop up box will appear and you can assign the mechanic from the Mechanic field.
For more details on how to use the booking diary see the below video: