This guide will show you how to create a mobile user who can then use the Workshop Software Mobile App to clock in and out of jobs assigned to them & add photo’s to jobs. For Gold Subscription clients mechanics can also create/action Auto Inspections, add invoice/job card notes, view & edit customer details from the app directly.
1. Click on ‘Settings’ from the left hand side navigation menu of the screen and then click on ‘User Setup/Maint.’
2. Click on the ‘+’ icon at the far right of the blue Mobile Users’ bar and then enter the user details;
3. Enter the details of the mobile user;
a) Toggle the Show Mechanic Features to “yes”
b) Start typing in the Mechanic’s name to find the mechanic you want to set up the log in details for
c) Select the Status as Active (if you want to cancel a previously added mobile user then you can make them inactive).
d) Enter an email address (cannot be an email address already used in Workshop Software) and password for the user & retype in password in Confirm Password field.
e) Once all details have been entered click ‘Save’
For Service Advisors
- Leave the Show Mechanic Feature toggle to “No“
- Fill in the rest the form as per above instructions (Step b-e)
4. Open the Workshop Software App and enter the username and password to log in