Workshop Software now offers a feature that allows you to find the make, model, series, build date, and much more by simply searching a vehicle’s registration number. Saving you time populating the correct information of the vehicle in Workshop Software in seconds!
How to find vehicles details using Registration Lookup
Please note: set up of this feature is required, please refer to this guide on how to activate and set up Registration Lookup for your Workshop Software account: https://workshopsoftware.com/knowledge-base/automotive-integrations/how-to-set-up-australian-vehicle-registration-look-up-feature/
1. Registration Lookup feature can be used for existing vehicles in your Workshop Software database or for new vehicles are you adding. If you are unsure on how to create a new vehicle please review the guide linked below:
2. To use the Registration Lookup feature simply, click the magnifying glass on the right-hand side of the ‘Number Plate‘ field to bring back the vehicle details into Workshop Software.
3. Information will be automatically populated for your vehicle.
4. Remember to click the green ‘Save‘ button located on the bottom right hand corner of the page.
How you can tell if a Registration Lookup has been performed on a vehicle.
A vehicle that has not had the Registration Lookup applied to it will have a red ‘Registration Not Verified’ notification displayed
A vehicle that has had the Registration Lookup applied will have a green ‘Registration Verified’ notification displayed
Finding Tyre details for a registered vehicle
Once a vehicle has been searched with the Registration Lookup feature, you can find tyre details for the associated vehicle.
1. In either the vehicle’s profile, an invoice for the vehicle, or a booking for the vehicle, click the star on the right-hand side of the Vehicle line. And click on the “Tyre Details” option
2. A pop up window with the details for the stock tyres of this vehicle will now be displayed on screen. You can click and select a tyre for more information.