Workshop Software will run on any computer that can run Google Chrome. However, it may run slowly if the computer is outdated or slow. To avoid any speed issues, Workshop Software recommends using a computer with the following specifications (or as close to them as possible) to run the software:
- Dual-core 2.60Ghz processor or higher
- 4+ Gb of RAM
- Windows 7 or higher | Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
- 100Mb of free hard drive space for Google Chrome (if not currently installed)
Here are the steps to check your specs on a Windows and Mac computer
For Workshop Software to run properly, you will need to remove Sophos Endpoint. Other PC security programs do not affect Workshop Software’s functionality.
You can run Workshop Software on a tablet as long as it is capable of downloading Google Chrome. The speed will vary depending on the device so make sure you test it out before making any commitments.
While it is possible to run WS on a mobile phone, it is not recommended due to scaling issues.
We do have a mobile app designed for mechanics. See here for more info.
To check the specs of a Windows 10 computer:
1. Right click your start menu icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.
2. Click ‘System’
3. Check the 3 fields outlined in the screenshot below to find the CPU, RAM, and operating system that you are currently running.
To check the specs of a Mac OS computer:
1. Click the Apple logo in the top left and then select ‘About This Mac’
2. The memory and OS version will be displayed