In this step-by-step guide we will go through how you can send an invitation to your customers to set up their login details to the Customer Portal.
Before you proceed you will need to make sure you have activated the Customer Portal first.
1. Open up the customer profile in Workshop Software, click on the “Star” icon located in the top right hand corner of the page. Then select “Send Customer Portal Invitation“.
2. A Pop up box will appear to ask how you want to send the invitation to the customer, by email or by SMS. Click on which ever method you want.
3. Which ever method you choose you will be given confirmation that the invitation was sent to the customer.
4. This is how the email invitation will look like to your customer.
5. This is how the SMS invite will appear to your customers
6. When the customer clicks on the link they will be directed to this page to set up their password (their login details will be the email address that you have for them in Workshop Software)
Now that you have sent your customers an invitation to set up their login details, check out our guide on the features of the Customer portal and what your customers can see/do from the portal itself.