Workshop Software Phone App 2020
Brand new phone app with a whole host of new features.
Important Information for all Users of Workshop Software
Your questions answered about the Phone App Release:
Official release details:
To install the app, you must read all items on this page and watch the video below.
iPhone (iOS) install link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/workshop-software/id1502176992?ls=1
Android (Google Play) install link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.workshopmobile
- The App is a brand new app and therefore IS NOT an update to your existing app. You will need to go into the app store and install the NEW app.
- If you have any questions, please EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure great service to all our clients, it would be great if you could refrain from calling unless critical. While we have done everything we can to make this update as seamless as possible, it is a VERY big update that may see an increase in the usual support. If you can help by using the email ticketing system would be very much appreciated.
- To avoid confusion, once you have installed the NEW app, ensure you Delete the “old” app from your device.
- The phone App is available for both iPhone and Android.
- At this stage will are supporting most (basically all) Android devices, however, future releases may require a device upgrade if you are using a low quality/ poor performance / very old device. These devices are usually poor quality and may require greater processing power for future enhancements that we plan to release.
- We will support the “old” app for a short period. It will be removed from the App Stores and after a short period will no longer able to be used and you will receive an error if you continue to use the “old” App. Please ensure you install the NEW app.
- To make life much easier for you we have implemented a system of perpetual login for the app. If you DO NOT logout of the App, you will be automatically logged in the next time you open the app, even if that is days, weeks or months later. For this reason, and to increase security, we do not store the username and password once you logout, you will need to enter the login details again.
- You can use your existing logins that have been used previously with the “old” app.
- To access the phone App, all users need to be “Mobile Users” and need to have a separate login to the normal Web Application username. The user name does not need to be an email address, however, needs to be in the form of an email address. For example, we recommend a username like this: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to this guide for more information: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/62-how-to-add-a-mobile-user-for-the-phone-app
- Adding a new user can now be done for all types users, you do not need to be a mechanic. If you choose “Show Mechanic Features” to “Yes” then you need to select a mechanic and that user will have clock on/off functionality in the app. If you select “No” then you simply enter First/Last name and will be able to get all functions of the app other than clock on/off.
This provides extra functionality where different types of users can login to take advantage of the various functions in the phone App.
- The App is Free to all users of Workshop Software. All Subscription Levels will get the Clock on/off functionality and the photo functionality. Gold & Platinum users will have the additional functionality of carrying out an inspection, editing the job card, entering notes etc. If you would like to upgrade to gold, you can do so from the “Profile” option in the top right corner of Workshop Software or from the Dashboard. The “Profile” will tell you your current subscription level, as you can see in the image (note that clicking upgrade will ask for confirmation):
- Please watch this video to see the App in action.
If you’d like more information about workshop software, or generally on how you can get more from the management of your auto shop, please contact us or take out a free trial: workshopsoftware.com/get-started