This guide will show you how to allocate a part payment against an invoice, for instances where a customer is wanting pay off an invoice over time.
If the customer is a cash customer (Account Info is CASH), the invoice type will need to be changed to ACCOUNT. This enables the invoice to be processed with a balance due amount, which can be paid off in the future.
Once the invoice has been processed, it will show a Balance Due amount. You can then allocate the part payment against the invoice to reduce the balance.
1. Click on the ‘+’ icon located to the right of the main search bar in Workshop Software and select Customer Payment from the dropdown menu:
2. Search for the customer and double click to select:
3. Click on the green search icon to bring up a list of invoices with outstanding balances:
4. Click on the invoice to be paid. Then click on the green ‘Select’ button
5. Enter the payment details:
- Change post date if necessary
- Click into the Applied Amount field to enter the amount being paid
- Select the Payment Method
- Click the green ‘Apply’ button
- Click the blue ‘Process’ button to process the payment
6. The invoice details will now show the amount of the invoice and the balance owing: