A dozen new features for Workshop Software.
We are excited to announce the November 2018 release of Workshop Software which has over a dozen new features that have been added to your Workshop Software subscription free of charge.
Watch this quick video for all the info.
This latest update includes a number of features including the following:
- Print a Cash Docket. If you run a point of sale operation (POS) and have a docket printer, you can now optionally print your invoices to a docket printer. This is a great time-saver and allows you to quickly do a cash docket in a matter of seconds. Simply choose “Cash Docket” from the print icon, or select “Docket” when you choose your payment method.
- Sorting bundles. You can now sort the items in a bundle (kit). If you have a bundle and want to print items in a certain order on your invoice, you can re-order the bundle simply and quickly. For more details on setting up bundles, check out this link: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/45-creating-a-bundled-kit-product
- Bundle pricing. If you edit the price of an item that belongs to a bundle, the price of that item will automatically be updated in any bundle that the item belongs. This makes it very simple to keep your pricing in sync.
- Page numbers on invoices. The invoices have been updated with page numbers.
- New invoice template. There is a new invoice template called “Notes on Top” that can be selected from the system settings. This invoice will print the notes before the labour and parts.
- Fitler templates. You can now search for templates. This makes it much easier to find a template, particularly if you have a lot of templates in your system. We would encourage the set-up of templates for faster invoice creation and general system use as it save you from typing, ensures consistency and provides more professional presentation. For more details on setting up templates, check out this link: https://help.workshopsoftware.com/article/102-how-to-add-templated-wording-to-an-invoice.
- Serial numbers have been updated so you can add serial numbers. This is particularly useful if you are starting the system and already have inventory with Serial numbers already in stock. For more details on serial number use, check out this video: https://workshopsoftware.com/serial-number-tracking/
- Serial numbers can now be imported. Choose this option from the Import Menu
- Added Follow-up flag and button to the booking diary.
- Customers have been updated to include postal addresses. Previously we sorted only street address, now there are 2 addresses for customers.
- Fleet Code setting in the system file. This will make fleet code more prominent through the system for those clients that deal with trucks/machinery etc.
- Exporting of data. Data can be exported. This is great for data analysis, for example you want to put all your transactions into a spreadsheet and then do formulas and functions on your data.
- Dealership Reports.
- Dealership Forms.
- Dealership integration with Carsales.com.au, bikesales.com.au, boatsales.com.au etc
As you can see, this is an extensive update with some very cool new features all added to all Workshop Software subscriptions. As always, we appreciate your feedback and love the overwhelming positive feedback from the updates and Workshop Software in general. It really helps us to continue with our determined drive towards the best Workshop Management software in the World (Maybe we are already there!).
We have a VERY exciting update due before Christmas that will help you get more customers and have your existing customers coming back more often. This will be a massive change to the way you deal with your clients, will be very easy to implement and provide a whole new level of service for your clients. Keep an eye out for details…. coming soon.